Accession - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- (civil law) the right to all of that which your property produces whether by growth or improvement
- something added to what you already have (syn: addition)
- agreeing with or consenting to (often unwillingly) (syn: assenting)
- the right to enter (syn: access, admission, admittance, entree)
- the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)
the accession of Queen Elizabeth II
...an exhibit of the museum's latest accessions...
Every year the fraternity received fresh accessions of princes and nobles.
The 300,000th volume in the Library was accessioned on February 23, 1937.
the art collection grew through accession
the librarian shelved the new accessions
accession to such demands would set a dangerous precedent
Elizabeth's accession in 1558