Addition - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the act of adding one thing to another
- a quantity that is added (syn: gain, increase)
- something added to what you already have (syn: accession)
- a suburban area laid out in streets and lots for a future residential area
- the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers (syn: plus, summation)
The children learned addition and subtraction.
The museum's collection includes several new additions.
In addition to his salary, he earns a lot from royalties.
The addition of networking facilities will greatly enhance the system.
Turn sparkling wine into Buck's Fizz with the addition of chilled orange juice.
This excellent book will be a welcome addition to the library of any student.
They built a big addition onto the back of the house.
This is a fine book; a worthy addition to the Cambridge Encyclopedia series.
the addition of a bathroom was a major improvement
the addition of cinnamon improved the flavor
the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect
the addition of a leap day every four years
there was an addition to property taxes this year
he was a new addition to the staff
When will they lay the foundation for the addition?