Analysis - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the abstract separation of a whole into its constituent parts in order to study the parts and their relations
- a form of literary criticism in which the structure of a piece of writing is analyzed
- the use of closed-class words instead of inflections: e.g., `the father of the bride' instead of `the bride's father'
- a branch of mathematics involving calculus and the theory of limits; sequences and series and integration and differentiation
- a set of techniques for exploring underlying motives and a method of treating various mental disorders; based on the theories of Sigmund Freud (syn: psychoanalysis)
A scientific analysis of the data
Make a chemical analysis of the soil
A detailed analysis of the bone structure of horses
Performing chemical analysis of the soil
The newspaper printed an analysis of each candidate's positions.
That's not a bad analysis of the situation.
It's a problem that requires careful analysis.
He has been in analysis for many years.
Upon further analysis, we concluded that...
Further analysis of the data is needed.
They were doing some type of statistical analysis.
Do you agree with Marx's analysis of the failure of free-market capitalism?
Blood samples were sent for analysis.
You'll get the results when the analysis is complete.
She's been in analysis for three years.