Ask - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- direct or put; seek an answer to
- consider obligatory; request and expect (syn: expect, require)
- address a question to and expect an answer from (syn: enquire, inquire)
- require as useful, just, or proper (syn: demand, involve, necessitate, need, postulate, require, take)
- make a date
- require or ask for as a price or condition
I need to ask a question.
Did you ask her yet?
A list of frequently asked questions
I would have given it to him, but he never asked.
We had to stop and ask directions.
May I ask the time?
Did you ask permission to leave?
He asked me about my work.
Don't ask so loud.
If you're looking for a good doctor, you'd better ask round.
My mother asked after you.
He asked me a favour.
He asked to speak.
He asked to open the window.
She asked me politely for the book.
present participle: asking
past tense: asked
past participle: asked