Attachment - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a supplementary part or accessory
- a writ authorizing the seizure of property that may be needed for the payment of a judgment in a judicial proceeding
- a connection that fastens things together (syn: bond)
- faithful support for a cause or political party or religion (syn: adherence, adhesion)
- the act of attaching or affixing something (syn: affixation)
- the act of fastening things together (syn: fastening)
The vacuum cleaner attachments help clean in tight spaces.
I need a longer attachment for the drill.
I'll send the document as an attachment to my next e-mail.
A vacuum cleaner with a special attachment for dusting rugs.
The vacuum cleaner has various attachments.
I'll send the spreadsheet as an attachment.
Hooks were fixed to the wall for the attachment of the ropes.
Use the mixer's paddle attachment to mix the dough.
He has a sentimental attachment to his old high school.
Can you mail it to me as an attachment?
He was sent on attachment to their offices in Hong Kong.