Axis - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the main stem or central part about which plant organs or plant parts such as branches are arranged
- in World War II the alliance of Germany and Italy in 1936 which later included Japan and other nations
- a group of countries in special alliance (syn: bloc)
- the 2nd cervical vertebra; serves as a pivot for turning the head
- the center around which something rotates
the Earth's axis of rotation
the spin of the Earth on its axis
The Axis opposed the Allies in World War II.
The Earth rotates on an axis between the north and south poles.
The Earth makes one revolution on its axis in about 24 hours.
the vertical axis of a graph
the rotation of the Earth around its axis
...the gyroscope got its name for the way the disk inside the instrument gyrates around an axis...
The Earth revolves on its axis.
The Earth rotates on its axis.
The spinning motion gives a stability to the axis of rotation.
At right angles to the axis.
The Earth rotates on its axis once every 24 hours.
the optic (or optical) axis of the eye
the soft underbelly of the Axis