Bulb - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- electric lamp consisting of a transparent or translucent glass housing containing a wire filament (usually tungsten) that emits light when heated by electricity (syn: lightbulb)
- a rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end)
- anything with a round shape resembling a teardrop
- lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata) (syn: medulla)
- a rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organ
A new kind of light bulb that uses very little electricity
The light bulb was one of the most important inventions of the 19th century.
Screw the light bulb into the fixture.
The light bulb screws right in.
A light bulb dangled from the ceiling.
the coil in a light bulb
The bulb's gone in the bathroom.
A naked light bulb dangled from the ceiling.
I'm not very practical - I can't even change a light bulb.
the implosion of a light bulb
Use a bulb with low wattage.