Citation - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- (law) the act of citing (as of spoken words or written passages or legal precedents etc.)
- a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage (syn: acknowledgment, cite, credit, mention, quotation, reference)
- a passage or expression that is quoted or cited (syn: quotation, quote)
- a summons that commands the appearance of a party at a proceeding
- thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1948
He was issued a citation.
He received a citation for reckless driving.
gave her a citation for bravery
She received a citation to appear in court.
Turner was issued a traffic citation for reckless driving.
The essay begins with a citation from 'Hamlet'.
the student's essay failed to list several important citations