Crab - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a quarrelsome grouch
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Cancer (syn: cancer)
- the fourth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about June 21 to July 22 (syn: cancer)
- the edible flesh of any of various crabs (syn: crabmeat)
- a louse that infests the pubic region of the human body
- a stroke of the oar that either misses the water or digs too deeply
- scurry sideways like a crab
- fish for crab
- complain (syn: beef, bellyache, bitch, gripe, grouse, holler, squawk)
he caught a crab and lost the race
Out bolts her husband upon me with a large crab in his hand.
There was that hideous spidery crustacean, the crab.
...a crab molts its shell as it grows larger...
the horseshoe crab is not a true crab
...crab apples are not actually eating apples...