Creation - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone
- the event that occurred at the beginning of something (syn: conception)
- the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new (syn: foundation, founding, initiation, innovation, instauration, institution, introduction, origination)
- (theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence
- everything that exists anywhere (syn: cosmos, existence, macrocosm, universe, world)
The play continues to entertain audiences 25 years after its creation.
Job creation will be an important issue in next year's elections.
These changes will lead to the creation of new businesses.
The company was largely the creation of one woman.
Come taste our chef's delicious new creations.
She's wearing one of her original fashion creations.
How are humans different from the rest of creation?
Robin Hood is absolutely a creation of the ballad-muse.
The dress is a stunning creation in green, gold, and white.
Most countries have systems of government that are relatively modern creations.
from its creation the plan was doomed to failure
The inventor envisioned many uses for his creation.
...the fleshly eye sees the only finished painting, but the mind's eye sees the genius behind its creation...
...the godlike splendor of creation...
...subordinates do most of the actual creation of the famous designer's clothing designs...