Damn - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- expletives used informally as intensifiers (syn: blame, blamed, blasted, blessed, damned, darned, deuced, goddam, goddamn, goddamned, infernal)
He damned them for their stupidity.
...damned the car for once again breaking down...
...I don't want to hear about your problems—I just don't give a damn....
It is time for me to speak out, and damn the consequences.
Everything is so damn expensive.
He damn near drowned.
• Damn! I've left my keys in the office.
• Damn, she's old.
• Everything was so damn expensive.
• The band sounded pretty damn good.
• I'll damn well do as I please.
• You know damn well what I'm talking about.
• He damn near (=almost) drowned.
• 'It isn't easy.' ' Damn right, it's not.'
• Turn off the damn TV!
present participle: damning
past tense: damned
past participle: damned