Deadly - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- (used as intensives) extremely (syn: deucedly, devilishly, insanely, madly)
- of an instrument of certain death (syn: lethal)
- extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom (syn: venomous, virulent)
- involving loss of divine grace or spiritual death (syn: mortal)
- exceedingly harmful (syn: baneful, pernicious, pestilent)
- (of a disease) having a rapid course and violent effect
the world's most deadly snake
a more deadly form of the disease
They launched a deadly attack.
Officers are allowed to use deadly force if necessary.
She shoots with deadly accuracy.
a basketball player with deadly aim
A deadly silence followed his question.
The two gang leaders are deadly enemies.
He spoke with deadly seriousness.
...I'm deadly serious about making an offer on the house....
They were locked together in deadly wrestle, each with a hand upon the other's throat.
His face had a deadly paleness.
We sat in deadly silence.
He was in deadly earnest (=completely serious).
She hit the target with deadly accuracy.