Dream - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake (syn: dreaming)
- a cherished desire (syn: ambition, aspiration)
- a fantastic but vain hope (from fantasies induced by the opium pipe)
- a state of mind characterized by abstraction and release from reality
- someone or something wonderful
- experience while sleeping
He had a dream about climbing a mountain.
You were in my dream last night.
I've found the man of my dreams.
They succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would be so much fun.
If you think the work will be easy, you're living in a dream world.
He has had a lifelong dream of becoming an actor.
It's a dream of mine to own a house in the country.
Tell me your hopes and dreams.
Making it to the Olympics was a dream come true.
Did it really happen or did I just dream it?
He tends to dream big but he never really does the things he dreams of doing.
The idea came to him in a dream.
I had a peculiar dream last night.
Dreams go by opposites.
present participle: dreaming
past tense: dreamed or dreamt
past participle: dreamed or dreamt