Error - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- inadvertent incorrectness (syn: erroneousness)
- a misconception resulting from incorrect information
- (baseball) a failure of a defensive player to make an out when normal play would have sufficed (syn: misplay)
- departure from what is ethically acceptable (syn: wrongdoing)
- (computer science) the occurrence of an incorrect result produced by a computer
- part of a statement that is not correct (syn: mistake)
I made an error in my calculations.
They uncovered several errors in his report to the committee.
The paper contains numerous spelling errors.
The shortstop was charged with an error.
There must be an error in our calculations.
The government has committed a serious error.
I realized I had made a fatal error.
The bill was sent to the wrong person because of a computer error.
The accident was caused by human error (=a mistake by a person).
An error message.
she was quick to point out my errors
the book was full of errors
The error cost me a reprimand, but nothing more serious than that.
After seeing the evidence, I was forced to admit my error.
A careless error resulted in the loss of the game.