Feeder - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- someone who consumes food for nourishment (syn: eater)
- a branch that flows into the main stream (syn: affluent, confluent, tributary)
- a machine that automatically provides a supply of some material (syn: self-feeder)
- an outdoor device that supplies food for wild birds (syn: birdfeeder)
- an animal that feeds on a particular source of food
a pigeon feeder holding a bag of stale bread
...the lake has several feeders that have their headwaters near the Canadian border...
The Shyok River is a major feeder of the Indus River.
The length of the feeder pipe is 50m.
Catfish are bottom feeders. (=they feed at the bottom of rivers)
the feeder discharged feed into a trough for the livestock
...out of the corner of my eye I espied the squirrel making another raid on the bird feeder...
...a lot of his backyard bird watching was spent eyeing the squirrels as they depleted the bird feeder of seeds...
...the birds flittered back and forth between the backyard feeder and the safety of the trees...
Vulture is a foul feeder.