Game - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a single play of a sport or other contest
- an amusement or pastime
- animal hunted for food or sport
- (tennis) a division of play during which one player serves
- (games) the score at a particular point or the score needed to win
- the flesh of wild animals that is used for food
- the game equipment needed in order to play a particular game
- your occupation or line of work
- frivolous or trifling behavior
- willing to face danger (syn: gamey, gamy, gritty, mettlesome, spirited, spunky)
Poker and other gambling games
She scored a goal to tie the game.
We played a few games of chess.
That was a good game!
She won the first two games, but lost the set and the match.
Children playing at their games
They are known to play a very rough game.
She has a strong all-around game.
She needs to improve her game if she wants to win the championship.
A football team with a strong running game
That's not the game.
The game is not worth the candle.
Two can play at that game.
This game is yours.