Glaze - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a glossy finish on a fabric
- a coating for ceramics, metal, etc.
- become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance (syn: glass)
- furnish with glass (syn: glass)
- coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze (syn: candy, sugarcoat)
The pot is covered with a bright red glaze.
The pot needs more glaze.
Sometimes his eyes would glaze over for a second or two.
Glaze the rolls with egg-white.
Her eyes glaze over when she is bored
a meat glaze made with stock and jelly
eyes covered by a milky glaze
present participle: glazing
past tense: glazed
past participle: glazed