Go up - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- increase in value or to a higher point (syn: climb, rise)
- move towards (syn: approach, near)
- be erected, built, or constructed
- go upward with gradual or continuous progress (syn: climb, mount)
- burn completely; be consumed or destroyed by fire
- travel up (syn: ascend)
I want to go up to London next week.
That politician has gone up in my opinion since I heard his latest speech.
He went up to Oxford.
A cheer went up from the crowd as the Queen stepped onto the shore.
Already barricades were going up in the larger streets.
The barometer is going up at a tremendous rate.
A chemical factory went up in the North of England, killing many people.
Norwich went up from 30,000 to 60,000 inhabitants.
What time does the curtain go up?