Assignment - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the instrument by which a claim or right or interest or property is transferred from one person to another
- the act of distributing something to designated places or persons (syn: assigning)
- (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance (syn: grant)
- an undertaking that you have been assigned to do (as by an instructor)
- the act of putting a person into a non-elective position (syn: appointment, designation, naming)
The students were given a homework assignment.
The reporter's assignment is to interview the candidate.
The reporter is here on an assignment.
The reporter is here on assignment.
The article discusses the recent assignment of senators to some of the more powerful committees.
her assignment to the embassy in India
the computer's assignment of a number to each image
She asked if she could change her seating assignment.
The correspondent was on assignment in the Far East.
She's gone to Italy on a special assignment.
He was killed while on assignment abroad.
the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum
We each did the homework assignment, then compared answers.
The teacher paired students with partners for the assignment.
...your assignment is to write two poems about springtime...