Bent - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- grass for pastures and lawns especially bowling and putting greens
- an area of grassland unbounded by fences or hedges
- a special way of doing something (syn: hang, knack)
- used of the back and knees; stooped (syn: bended)
- of metal e.g. (syn: crumpled, dented)
With your knees slightly bent, bend forward and touch your toes.
...the drug dealer knew which of the cops were bent...
He knew he did not like to be a carpenter, but had not discovered his own bent.
She's bent on becoming an actress.
I had known for years that certain members of the Brighton police force were what we call bent.
he had a bent for it
bent on going to the theater
Her long hair fell forward as she bent to tie her shoes.
He bent the bow and shot an arrow from it.
His glasses got bent when he dropped them.
She bent down to pick up a piece of paper and then she straightened up again.
He bent back to look up at the ceiling.
He's slightly bent over his back hurts from sleepingin the car.
He straightened the bent antenna.
He bent the twig into an arc.