Brilliant - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- having or marked by unusual and impressive intelligence (syn: brainy)
- characterized by grandeur (syn: glorious, magnificent, splendid)
- having strong or striking color (syn: bright, vivid)
- full of light; shining intensely
- clear and sharp and ringing (syn: bright)
a brilliant star in the sky
a store decorated in brilliant colors
He pitched a brilliant game.
She gave a brilliant performance.
She has a brilliant mind.
...the diamond cutter set out an array of brilliants to show the various ways the diamond could be cut...
It was brilliant of him to find a solution so quickly.
She closed her eyes against the brilliant light.
We sat outside in the brilliant sunshine.
She was dressed in brilliant white.
I think that's a brilliant idea.
The film was absolutely brilliant.
He had a long and brilliant career.
The project was a brilliant success.
The sun was shining brilliantly.