Concord - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a harmonious state of things in general and of their properties (as of colors and sounds); congruity of parts with one another and with the whole (syn: concordance, harmony)
- the determination of grammatical inflection on the basis of word relations (syn: agreement)
- town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought
- agreement of opinions (syn: concordance, harmony)
- the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775)
- arrange the words of a text so as to create a concordance
...living in concord with people of different races and religions...
Their ideas concorded
The team concorded several thousand nouns, verbs, and adjectives
Both philosophers concord on this point
...the guns and ammunition were stored in a depot in Concord...