Flop - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- someone who is unsuccessful (syn: dud, washout)
- a complete failure (syn: bust, fizzle)
- the act of throwing yourself down (syn: collapse)
- fall suddenly and abruptly
- fail utterly; collapse (syn: founder)
- exactly (syn: right)
He flopped down onto the bed.
She flopped into the chair with a sigh.
All of their attempts have flopped miserably.
The curtains were flopping around in the breeze.
The movie was a total flop.
It fell to the ground with a flop.
Tortoises flopped into the water.
She flopped as a stage actress.
She was a flop of a woman.
The beetles fell flop into the water.
I got home and flopped in front of the TV.
His head flopped back pathetically.
The film was a complete flop.
He fell with a flop into the water.
Damned if he didn't fall into the pond, flop!
present participle: flopping
past tense: flopped
past participle: flopped