Fund - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a supply of something available for future use (syn: stock, store)
- a financial institution that sells shares to individuals and invests in securities issued by other companies
- place or store up in a fund for accumulation
- provide a fund for the redemption of principal or payment of interest
- invest money in government securities
- accumulate a fund for the discharge of a recurrent liability
- furnish money for
The fund was established to aid the poor.
All her funds were in a checking account.
His funds were getting lower as he continued to look for a job.
The comedian had a large fund of jokes.
The group funded three new scholarships.
Who funds the company pension plan?
He is possessed of the most brilliant talents and an extraordinary fund of energy.
The funds dry up / run out.
We have enough funds to complete the work.
The house fell into disrepair until a restoration fund was set up.
We give to the Children's Fund every Christmas.
The project is jointly funded by several local companies.
Nature provides an unlimited fund of energy available to all living things.
African Development Fund
Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development
present participle: funding
past tense: funded
past participle: funded