Get out - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- take out of a container or enclosed space (syn: bring out)
- move out or away (syn: pull out)
- express with difficulty
- bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover (syn: draw, pull, pull out, take out)
- be released or become known; of news (syn: break, get around)
- escape potentially unpleasant consequences; get away with a forbidden action (syn: escape, get away, get by, get off)
The meeting went on late, so I got out as soon as I could.
...news of the rock star's secret wedding got out to the news media...
...tried but couldn't get out of the old well without assistance...
How can I get out of the habit of smoking?
If we get all the workers out, we may be able to force the government to act.
I managed to get out a few words
I couldn't get out from under these responsibilities