Identify - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property (syn: name)
- consider (oneself) as similar to somebody else
- conceive of as united or associated
- identify as in botany or biology, for example (syn: describe, discover, distinguish, key, name)
- consider to be equal or the same
She identified the dog as her lost pet.
He was able to correctly identify the mushroom.
The witness positively identified the suspect in the crime.
The corpse was identified on the basis of dental records.
They could not identify the source of the quotation.
They had no difficulty in identifying the problem.
We began by identifying what we needed for the job.
We need to identify the causes of unemployment.
She identified the intruder to the police.
Our interests identify.
He was too far away to be able to identify faces.
The police took fingerprints and identified the body.
Eye witnesses identified the gunman as an army sergeant.
The aircraft were identified as American.
Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.
present participle: identifying
past tense: identified
past participle: identified
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.