Inscribe - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- register formally as a participant or member (syn: enrol, enroll, enter, recruit)
- draw within a figure so as to touch in as many places as possible
- write, engrave, or print as a lasting record
- mark with one's signature (syn: autograph)
- convert ordinary language into code (syn: cipher, code, cypher, encipher, encrypt)
- address, (a work of literature) in a style less formal than a dedication
They inscribed the monument with the soldiers' names.
The book was inscribed with the author's signature.
Inside the cover someone had inscribed the words 'To Thomas, with love'.
The team's name is inscribed on the base of the trophy.
The tomb was inscribed with a short poem.
present participle: inscribing
past tense: inscribed
past participle: inscribed