Market - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the customers for a particular product or service
- a marketplace where groceries are sold (syn: grocery)
- the securities markets in the aggregate
- an area in a town where a public mercantile establishment is set up (syn: marketplace, mart)
- buy household supplies
- deal in a market
- make commercial (syn: commercialise, commercialize)
I stopped at the market on the way home for some juice.
They are trying to develop foreign markets for American cotton.
The company sells mainly to the Southern market.
New markets are opening up all over the world.
Advertisers are trying to appeal to the youth market.
Targeting a more mature market
A reference work for the educational market
The company has spent millions marketing the latest version of its software.
These products are being aggressively marketed to teenagers through television ads.
He markets his wares at craft shows.
We're in the market for a new house.
There's no market for these goods.
The market is active.
The market is depressed.
I usually buy all my vegetables at the market.
present participle: marketing
past tense: marketed
past participle: marketed