One - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a single person or thing
- having the indivisible character of a unit (syn: unitary)
- of the same kind or quality
- (informal) very; used informally as an intensifier (syn: right)
- indefinite in time or position
- being a single entity made by combining separate components
- eminent beyond or above comparison (syn: matchless, nonpareil, peerless, unmatched, unrivalled)
There is one minute left in the game.
I have a few one-dollar bills in my purse.
She is one year old.
I don't have any ones. Can you break a five?
I'll be there at one.
Their dog died, but they plan to get another one.
I'd like to see the ring next to that one.
Which one did you like better?
He is the one who called the police.
That's one possible answer—but not the only one.
I would like to read more, but one doesn't have the time.
One from seven leaves six.
Your ones are too like sevens.
Afterwards, sauntering by ones and twos, came the village maidens.
John will be one soon.