Relaxation - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- (physics) the exponential return of a system to equilibrium after a disturbance
- a feeling of refreshing tranquility and an absence of tension or worry (syn: easiness)
- an occurrence of control or strength weakening (syn: loosening)
- a method of solving simultaneous equations by guessing a solution and then reducing the errors that result by successive approximations until all the errors are less than some specified amount
- the act of making less strict (syn: liberalization)
I like to play the guitar for relaxation.
What I need is some rest and relaxation.
I play the piano for relaxation.
Meditation allows you to enter a state of deep relaxation.
...decided to take a bike tour of the island for recreation and relaxation...
We went camping for relaxation and refreshment.
Students need to have time for relaxation and cultural activities, as well as for academic work.
He needs more time off duty for relaxation and rest.
Sewing is relaxation for some, purgatory for others.
Success keeps her busy. “Relaxation?" she asks, feigning puzzlement. “What's that?"