Review - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- an essay or article that gives a critical evaluation (as of a book or play) (syn: critique)
- a subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment (syn: follow-up, followup, reexamination)
- (accounting) a service (less exhaustive than an audit) that provides some assurance to interested parties as to the reliability of financial data
- a variety show with topical sketches and songs and dancing and comedians (syn: revue)
- a periodical that publishes critical essays on current affairs or literature or art
- a summary at the end that repeats the substance of a longer discussion (syn: recap, recapitulation)
- (law) a judicial reexamination of the proceedings of a court (especially by an appellate court)
- practice intended to polish performance or refresh the memory
- a formal or official examination (syn: inspection)
- refresh one's memory (syn: brush up, refresh)
Changes to the building had to be made after the review by the safety inspectors.
After hours of review, the committee made its decision.
The medical records were sent to the doctor for review.
I read the book reviews in the newspaper.
The educational software was sent to teachers for review.
Scientists are reviewing the results of the study.
I need time to review the situation.
The ruling will be reviewed by the Supreme Court.
The committee reviewed the applications.
The television show will review last year's major events.
She reviewed her notes for the speech.
The biography reviewed her accomplishments.
Critics have not yet reviewed the movie.
The book was reviewed in this magazine.
The play got rave reviews.
present participle: reviewing
past tense: reviewed
past participle: reviewed
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.