Roller - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a long heavy sea wave as it advances towards the shore (syn: roll)
- a small wheel without spokes (as on a roller skate)
- a cylinder that revolves
- a mechanical device consisting of a cylindrical tube around which the hair is wound to curl it (syn: crimper, curler)
- Old World bird that tumbles or rolls in flight; related to kingfishers
- pigeon that executes backward somersaults in flight or on the ground (syn: tumbler)
The boats are taken down to the sea on rollers.
We went for a ride on the roller coaster.
The riders were getting whipped around on the roller coaster.
...dizzy from the spirally gyrations of the roller coaster...
a high roller known for his lavish parties
The roller coaster climbs 91 feet and reaches speeds of 45 miles an hour.
The front roller has jammed on the photocopier.
Their relationship was an emotional roller coaster.
...the roller coaster built up momentum...
Her legs were rubbery when she stepped off the roller coaster.
you can finish the job of painting faster with a roller than with a brush