Settlement - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a community of people smaller than a town (syn: village)
- a conclusive resolution of a matter and disposition of it
- the act of colonizing; the establishment of colonies (syn: colonization)
- something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making (syn: closure, resolution)
- termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities (syn: liquidation)
I got the house in the divorce settlement.
The parties have not been able to reach a settlement in the case.
We were hoping for a quick settlement of the dispute between the neighbors.
English settlements in North America.
This was the island's first colonial settlement.
They came upon the ruins of an ancient settlement.
It is like the settlement of winds and waters.
He dreamt about the settlement of marriage for his daughter.
Union leaders and company bosses will meet tomorrow in an attempt to reach a settlement.
His lawyers are understood to be negotiating a settlement.
Hopes grew that a workable peace settlement might emerge.
She got her home as part of the divorce settlement.
The company paid out over $10 million in an out-of-court settlement.
Wyatt had received the property in settlement of a bet.
The railway stations created new settlements.
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.