Special - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant
- a television production that features a particular person or work or topic
- for a special service or occasion
- surpassing what is common or usual or expected (syn: especial, exceptional, particular)
- adapted to or reserved for a particular purpose
- having a specific function or scope (syn: limited)
- first and most important (syn: particular)
- added to a regular schedule (syn: extra)
This is a special case and I want you to handle it personally.
Only under special circumstances will you be allowed to retake the test.
Your many years of service put you in a special category.
Why should you receive any special treatment?
It takes a special quality to do what he did.
This is a very special occasion.
Are you doing anything special over the holidays?
We have a special guest tonight—the mayor.
No one is more special to me than my wife.
He always made her feel special.
A one-hour special on whales
Today's lunch special is chili.
The specials are on the board.
They were having a special on paper towels so I stocked up.
Every person has their own special problems.