Square - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- something approximating the shape of a square
- someone who doesn't understand what is going on (syn: lame)
- a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views
- any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles
- cause to match, as of ideas or acts
- position so as to be square
- turn the oar, while rowing (syn: feather)
ran square into me
folded the sheet of paper square
the bat met the ball squarely
planted his great bulk square before his enemy
The fabric is decorated with circles and squares.
Cut the brownies into squares.
The board has red and black squares.
The room has four square corners.
...received a square hearing from the disciplinary panel...
The machine squares the wood into flat boards.
If you square 3, you get 9.
Yellow knotted silk square at the throat.
He is always square in all his dealings.
On our arrival on board, the water was nearly square with the lower deck.
The picture is not square with the ceiling.
He ran square into the garden.
He hit the nail square on the head.
They played fair and square.
I'll do as I've said if he acts square.
present participle: squaring
past tense: squared
past participle: squared
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.