Trench - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- a long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor (syn: deep)
- any long ditch cut in the ground
- fortify by surrounding with trenches
- cut or carve deeply into
- set, plant, or bury in a trench
- cut a trench in, as for drainage (syn: ditch)
- dig a trench or trenches
...dug a trench and filled it with water in an attempt to keep the forest fire off her property...
Workers dug a trench for gas lines.
the trenches of World War I
This matter entrenches on other domains
He trenched his military camp
The National Guardsmen were sent out to trench
They delivered a truckload of fill for the trench.
there was not enough fill for the trench
The next instant a dark object swooshed and fell in the bottom of the trench.