Turn over - definition, transcription
- cause to overturn from an upright or normal position (syn: bowl over, overturn, tip over, upset)
- move by turning over or rotating (syn: roll)
- cause to move around a center so as to show another side of (syn: turn)
- turn from an upright or normal position (syn: overturn, tip over)
- turn upside down, or throw so as to reverse (syn: flip)
...reluctantly turned the ship over to the first mate while he went below to try to stop the leak...
...turned the evidence over to the police...
I see fatherhood as a chance to turn over a new leaf.
The mayor had been aiming to quietly turn over control of the city's water to private business interests.
Turn over the raw edges and stitch.
You may turn over your exam papers now.
Turn over and look at the next page.
Can we turn over? There's a film I want to see.
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.