Uprise - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- ascend as a sound
- rise up as in fear (syn: bristle, stand up)
- rise to one's feet (syn: arise, get up, rise, stand up)
- come up, of celestial bodies (syn: ascend, come up, rise)
- move upward (syn: arise, come up, go up, lift, move up, rise)
- return from the dead (syn: resurrect, rise)
- get up and out of bed (syn: arise, get up, rise, turn out)
...uprise! we have lots of work to do today!...
...as we went from the coast into the state's interior, the land gradually began uprising and eventually we were on mountainous terrain...
...the sharp uprise leading up to the fortress would make an assault extremely difficult...
It was a sight to make one's hair uprise!
The dead are to uprise