Differentiate - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense (syn: distinguish, mark)
- calculate a derivative; take the derivative
- become different during development
- evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment (syn: specialise, specialize, speciate)
- become distinct and acquire a different character
The only thing that differentiates the twins is the color of their eyes.
...it was hard at first to differentiate between the two styles of music...
I have known some difficulty in differentiating such attacks from those of epilepsy.
present participle: differentiating
past tense: differentiated
past participle: differentiated