Mark - definition, pronunciation, transcription
he left an indelible mark on the American theater
- Apostle and companion of Saint Peter; assumed to be the author of the second Gospel
- a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of (syn: chump, fool, gull, mug, patsy, sucker)
- a written or printed symbol (as for punctuation)
- the shortest of the four Gospels in the New Testament
- an indication of damage (syn: scar, scrape, scratch)
- a marking that consists of lines that cross each other (syn: crisscross, cross)
- something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal
- designate as if by a mark
- celebrate by some ceremony or observation (syn: commemorate)
ash marked the believers' foreheads
- notice or perceive (syn: note, notice)
- make small marks into the surface of (syn: nock, score)
- establish as the highest level or best performance (syn: set)
- make underscoring marks (syn: score)
- remove from a list (syn: cross off, cross out, strike off, strike out)
- put a check mark on or near or next to (syn: check, mark off, tick, tick off)
Any little bit of dirt will mark that fabric.
Be careful not to mark the floor with your shoes.
She marked an “X” on each box.
I have marked the event on my calendar.
She marked each box with an “X.”
X marks the spot where the suspect was last seen.
Use a bookmark to mark your place.
We put some tape on the floor to mark where the tables should go.
The dog marked the base of the tree by urinating.
They will leave their mark in history.
Life without intelligence is a possible mark of an animal.
If that was meant to be an apology, your words were way off the mark.
Despite the fact that he was an expert rifleman, he did not hit the mark.
Do not look from the mark to the arrow and back again.
The employee's work has been below the mark this week.
mark off — set boundaries to and delimit
mark out — set boundaries to and delimit
mark up — increase the price of
present participle: marking
past tense: marked
past participle: marked
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.