Excite - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- act as a stimulant (syn: stimulate)
- stir feelings in (syn: stimulate, stir)
- cause to be agitated, excited, or roused (syn: agitate, charge, rouse, turn on)
- stimulate sexually (syn: arouse, sex, turn on, wind up)
- stir the feelings, emotions, or peace of (syn: shake, shake up, stimulate, stir)
- raise to a higher energy level (syn: energize)
- produce a magnetic field in
Our announcement excited the children.
The posters excited much interest in the show.
His playing is technically brilliant, but it doesn't excite me.
The court case has excited a lot of public interest.
He tried not to do anything to excite the suspicion of the police.
The book excited very little comment.
It was a performance that could excite the hardest man to pity.
present participle: exciting
past tense: excited
past participle: excited