Flow - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the amount of fluid that flows in a given time
- the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression (syn: stream)
- any uninterrupted stream or discharge
- something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously (syn: stream)
- undergo menstruation (syn: menstruate)
She opened the faucet and the water began to flow freely.
Traffic has been flowing smoothly from east to west.
The grain flowed smoothly down the elevator chute.
Requests have flowed into the office.
Money has continued to flow in.
The doctor was trying to stop the flow of blood.
We want to encourage the free flow of ideas.
We've been receiving a constant flow of phone calls.
The river flows from east to west.
Water flowed from the pipe.
Rivers flow into the sea.
All her complaints just flowed over him, leaving him quite unconcerned.
The tide ebbs and flows.
His tears flowed plentifully and bitterly.
The years flow away.
present participle: flowing
past tense: flowed
past participle: flowed
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.