Meet - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- be adjacent or come together (syn: converge)
- fill, satisfy or meet a want or need or condtion ro restriction (syn: fill, fit, fulfil, fulfill, satisfy)
meet a need
- get to know; get acquainted with
- meet by design; be present at the arrival of
- experience as a reaction (syn: encounter, receive)
- undergo or suffer (syn: suffer)
He met his wife at work.
We met each other in college.
Did you meet anyone interesting at the party?
I'd like you to meet my good friend Bob.
The couple met at a dance.
Have we met? You look familiar.
They met for drinks after work.
We arranged to meet for lunch.
Let's meet at the park.
They meet together every week.
...in this case, splitting the winnings of the contested lottery ticket seems like a meet solution...
I met with an old friend in the town today.
The Parliament will certainly meet next Monday.
I suppose I should be forced to meet him.
This generous appeal met no response.
present participle: meeting
past tense: met
past participle: met