See - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally (syn: realize, understand)
- perceive or be contemporaneous with (syn: find, witness)
- imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind (syn: envision, fancy, figure, image, picture, project, visualize)
- deem to be (syn: consider, reckon, regard, view)
- see or watch (syn: catch, take in, view, watch)
- come together (syn: come across, encounter, meet)
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort (syn: ascertain, check, determine, find out, learn, watch)
- be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something (syn: ascertain, assure, check, control, ensure, insure)
- go to see for professional or business reasons
- go to see for a social visit
- go to see a place, as for entertainment (syn: visit)
- take charge of or deal with (syn: attend, look)
- receive as a specified guest
- date regularly; have a steady relationship with (syn: date, go out)
- see and understand, have a good eye
- deliberate or decide
- observe as if with an eye
- observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect (syn: examine)
- undergo or live through a difficult experience (syn: experience, go through)
- accompany or escort (syn: escort)
- match or meet
- make sense of; assign a meaning to (syn: construe, interpret)
It was so dark that I couldn't see anything.
I can't see a thing without my glasses.
Would you turn on the light? I can hardly see a thing.
Let me see what you're holding in your hand.
I saw your sister at the party, but I didn't talk to her.
I saw her take the money.
Nobody saw the accident happen.
He was last seen leaving his house yesterday morning.
You have to see it to believe it.
“He says he's coming.” “I'll believe it when I see it.”
The window is so dirty that I can't see out.
In the evening we went to see a movie.
Jewels look best seen against a dark background.
The doctor must see him at once.
You ought to see a doctor about that cough.
present participle: seeing
past tense: saw
past participle: seen