Nut - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- Egyptian goddess of the sky
- a small (usually square or hexagonal) metal block with internal screw thread to be fitted onto a bolt
- half the width of an em (syn: en)
- a whimsically eccentric person (syn: crackpot, crank, fruitcake, screwball)
- someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction (syn: addict, freak, junkie, junky)
The squirrel cracked the nut and ate the meat inside.
The squirrel sat and ate the nut.
Are you allergic to nuts?
That guy is a real nut.
She's a real baseball nut.
I asked him how he nutted up the idea.
We were sitting round the fire cracking nuts (=opening them).
Use a wrench to loosen the nut.
My dad is such a nut.
What are you, some kind of nut?
Oh come on, use your nut!
He just turned round and nutted me!
present participle: nutting
past tense: nutted
past participle: nutted
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.