Stick - definition, pronunciation, transcription
the kid had a candied apple on a stick
- a lever used by a pilot to control the ailerons and elevators of an airplane (syn: joystick)
- a rectangular quarter pound block of butter or margarine
- informal terms for the leg (syn: peg, pin)
- a long thin implement resembling a length of wood
a stick of dynamite
- threat of a penalty
- stick to firmly (syn: adhere, bind, bond)
- be or become fixed
- be a devoted follower or supporter (syn: adhere)
- cover and decorate with objects that pierce the surface
- pierce or penetrate or puncture with something pointed
- come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation (syn: adhere, cleave, cling, cohere)
- saddle with something disagreeable or disadvantageous (syn: sting)
- be a mystery or bewildering to (syn: amaze, baffle, beat, bewilder, dumbfound, flummox, get, gravel, mystify, nonplus, perplex, pose, puzzle, stupefy, vex)
We took some stick, and we gave some stick.
Stick the boxes down anywhere, we'll sort them out later.
I can't remove this photograph, it's been stuck down.
I could not stick the envelope.
Stick with me and you won't get lost.
The ship had to stick to the shore because of the heavy mist.
I'll stick with my decision.
When writing an article, stick to one style throughout.
He made every effort to stick to the job that he had.
I know it's not easy at first, but stick with it and it will soon seem easier.
Thank you for sticking with me when all the others deserted me.
His family can be trusted to stick by him whatever happens.
Whatever your argument, I shall stick to my decision.
He is still stuck with that lousy car.
She could not stick it any longer.
stick out — extend out or project in space
stick together — be loyal to one another, especially in times of trouble
stick up — rob at gunpoint or by means of some other threat
present participle: sticking
past tense: stuck
past participle: stuck
Please, register on our website at registration page. After registration you can log in and use that feature.