Up - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- getting higher or more vigorous (syn: improving)
- extending or moving toward a higher place (syn: upward)
- (usually followed by `on' or `for') in readiness
- (used of computers) operating properly
- used up
- to a higher intensity
- nearer to the speaker
- to a more central or a more northerly place
- to a later time (syn: upward, upwards)
The land rises up from the valley.
She stood beneath the window and called up to her friend.
Please pick your clothes up off the floor.
We watched the sun come up.
He held up his hand.
We stored the boxes up in the attic.
She stuck a notice up on the wall.
What's going on up there?
He looked up at the stars.
The cards were on the table facing up.
The candy is up on the top shelf.
The window is already up.
Your package is up at the front desk.
We were up near the stage.
Are the kids up yet?
present participle: upping
past tense: upped
past participle: upped