Browse - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- reading superficially or at random (syn: browsing)
- the act of feeding by continual nibbling (syn: browsing)
- feed as in a meadow or pasture (syn: crop, graze, pasture, range)
- look around casually and randomly, without seeking anything in particular (syn: surf)
- eat lightly, try different dishes (syn: graze)
Several customers were browsing in the bookstore.
He was browsing the want ads in the newspaper.
Many animals like to browse on leaves.
I can spend hours just browsing among books in the library.
Jon was browsing through the photographs.
The trip allows you plenty of time for browsing around the shops.
We had a quick browse around the shops.
a deer needs to eat twenty pounds of browse every day
She loves to browse the shops in small towns, looking for curios.
present participle: browsing
past tense: browsed
past participle: browsed