Graze - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- the act of grazing (syn: grazing)
- break the skin (of a body part) by scraping
- let feed in a field or pasture or meadow (syn: crop, pasture)
- scrape gently (syn: crease, rake)
- eat lightly, try different dishes (syn: browse)
He grazed against the table.
The sun's rays were grazing the summit of the mountain.
He grazed his knee when he fell.
Groups of cattle were grazing on the rich grass.
I fell on the gravel, severely grazing my knee.
A bullet grazed his arm.
Adam walked away from the crash with just a graze on his left shoulder.
She was grazed by the stray bullet
...knew exactly how many head of cattle were turned out on the range that morning to graze...
present participle: grazing
past tense: grazed
past participle: grazed