Caper - definition, pronunciation, transcription
- pickled flower buds used as a pungent relish in various dishes and sauces
- a crime (especially a robbery) (syn: job)
- a playful leap or hop (syn: capriole)
- gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement (syn: frolic, gambol, play, romp)
- a ludicrous or grotesque act done for fun and amusement (syn: antic, joke, prank, trick)
a young goat capering in its pen
...as summer drew to a close, the children spent their days wistfully capering on the beach...
A horse gave a little caper.
I'm too old for this sort of caper.
the comic capers of a cartoon cat and mouse
present participle: capering
past tense: capered
past participle: capered